Deadline: 24 May 2015
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Office of Weapons Removal and Abatement (PM/WRA) is inviting applications for humanitarian demining, explosive ordnance disposal, and victim assistance programs in Afghanistan.
PM/WRA anticipates awarding up to $2,500,000 USD. The award is anticipated to be issued for a twelve (12) month period of performance beginning upon availability of fiscal funding but no earlier than 01 August 2015.
- Enhance regional security by reducing at-risk, illicitly proliferated, or indiscriminately used conventional weapons of war
- Increase civilian security by protecting lives and property
- Promote U.S. foreign policy interests
PM/WRA administers the U.S. Conventional Weapons Destruction (CWD) foreign assistance program to reduce the harmful worldwide effects of at-risk, illicitly-proliferated, and indiscriminately-used conventional weapons of war.
- S.-based and foreign not-for-profit NGOs, and not-for-profit institutions of higher education are eligible to apply.
- Organizations should have demonstrated experience administering successful CWD-related projects, preferably in the target country and/or region, or in similarly challenging security environments.
- Only organizations that are registered, accredited and certified to work in Afghanistan as of the application deadline are eligible to receive funding under this NOFO.
- Applications must address eligibility requirements and offer proof of accreditation
PM/WRA will not accept applications submitted via email, fax, the postal system, or delivery companies or couriers. Applicants may submit more than one application; however, each application should be submitted only once. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals via grantsolutions.gov.
For more information, visit this link.