Deadline: 19 June 2015
This Activity will focus on strengthening the governance, management and service delivery capacity of producer organizations (POs) with the goal of helping establish durable and enduring institutions that are able to plan, mobilize resources, and deliver services that meet the evolving needs of their members in a rapidly changing competitive environment.
Awards – USAID intends to provide $3,300,000 in total USAID funding over a 3-year period.
- POs to operate as viable business entities.
- To provide POs, the demand driven services to meet the evolving needs of their members in a rapidly changing competitive environment.
- POs to advocate for improved agricultural enabling environment at the local level.
- Geographical focus -towards volume of production of crops, presence of market infrastructure and the districts in which the FTF Livelihoods and Enterprises for Agricultural Development activity had focused its work.
- Coordination with Government Entities & District Operational Plans
- Sustainability- the Uganda FTF Value Chain project aims to ensure lasting development outcomes for the population and the effective and efficient use of USG resources.
- Local Capacity Development
- Promoting gender equality and advancing the status of women and girls vital to achieving USAID’s development objectives.
- US and Uganda organizations are eligible for the program.
- Organizations which have not previously received any financial assistance from USAID.
- Applicant must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
- Applicant must be a responsible entity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by submitting applications electronically via email.
For more information, please visit grants.gov and search for the opportunity number RFA-617-15-00007.