Deadline: 13 August 2014
Grassroots Women Leaders generating positive changes in their community are invited to submit three written journal entries to World Pulse’s 2014 Women Weave the Web Campaign. The competition, open to women around the globe, will award $20,000 Lynn Syms Prize along with other incredible prizes.
Lynn Syms, sculptor and philanthropist, is a woman passionate about elevating the voices of unheard women in the world. She hopes to inspire more people to contribute resources to strengthen grassroots women’s leadership globally with her prize.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- $20,000 Lynn Syms Prize
- A Feature Profile on WorldPulse website
- An all expenses paid-trip to speak her message in New York City
The Lynn Syms Prize will be awarded to an outstanding grassroots woman and visionary voice using digital tools to effect change and advance her community work. The awardee can use the monetary prize to support her community based work over a period of two years.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and have reached the age of majority in their state/country/province of residence as of the date of entry, except for persons residing in jurisdictions where the Contest is prohibited.
- Candidates must be successfully using digital tools to advance her work and she must participate in World Pulse’s Women Weave the Web Campaign.
- Candidates must have an established organization, program or project, though in the early stage of development.
- Candidates must have following demonstrated characterstics- courage, commitment and integrity; and must possess demonstrated ability to serve as an inspiration to community leaders elsewhere.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively in English for her/his cause and elevate community concerns.
- Candidate must be working on initiatives that address a pervasive problem faced by women around the world.
- Primary focus of the candidate must be promotion of global issues through the eyes of women.
- Candidate must demonstrate exceptional track record of early accomplishment in community based work.
- Priority is given to candidates based and working primarily in a developing country.
For more information, please visit WWW Prizes and Opportunities.
Read more about Women Weave the Web Campaign!
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.