The Pollination Project and Levi Strauss & Company has issued call for applications for its Youth Environmental Grants program. It is to offer seed grants and support to young people involved in a wide variety of environmental programs all over the world.
For the initial seed grants, applicants can apply for up to $1000. For second “impact” grants (which will be available to all grantees in good standing beginning in late Fall, 2015), applicants can apply for up to $5000.
Youth Environmental Grant-making program includes:
- 20 seed grants of $1000 each made to youth who are involved in grassroots environmental projects
- Second-round funding of up to $5000 per project offered in Fall 2015
- Promotional support for certain projects
- Capacity building and leadership development training offered through Youth Empowered Action Camp.
- Special priority consideration for projects recommended by the New Leaders Initiative of the Earth Island Institute.
- Individuals aged 22 or younger who are starting up or leading an environmental project anywhere in the world are eligible to apply.
- Established organizations with paid staff are not eligible for funding.
How to Apply?
Before applying, applicants need to complete prescreen questionnaire. If basic guidelines are met, a link to online application will be received.
For more information, visit Pollination Project.