The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is currently accepting ideas/proposals for its 16th round of Grand Challenges Explorations (GCE).
- The grant program is open to both foreign and domestic organizations, including non-profit organizations, for-profit organizations, international organizations, government agencies and academic institutions. Individuals & organizations classified as individuals for US tax purposes are not eligible to receive an award as part of the GCE initiative from the foundation.
- Applicants must provide information regarding their tax status and other information about their organization.
- Applicants planning to conduct project activities in India may be required to register with the Ministry of Home Affairs under FCRA.
- There is no geographical restriction for applicants. Applications are invited from both private and public organizations.
- Scientists worldwide affiliated with any organization are encouraged to submit their ideas.
- The proposal must demonstrate an innovative approach that complies with all restrictions and guidelines for the topic which you are applying. The foundation only funds projects responsive to the topics included in each round.
Please download the Application Form for specific instructions on the format and content of your application. All proposals must be written in English.
For more information about the Grand Challenge Exploration round 16, please visit GCE Round 16.
To read about different Grand Exploration Topics of GCE round 16, please click Next.