Deadline: 8 April 2016
Europe Foundation (EPF) is seeking applications from organisations for its Strategic Grants; a new component of the Open Door Grantmaking program to acquire funding for institutional development support for implementing long-term projects (18-24 months).
EPF was established as a local organization in 2008 with a mission to empower people to effect change for social justice and economic prosperity through hands-on programs, helping them to improve their communities and their own lives. EPF engages citizens in social, economic, and political developments, in order to effect substantive and sustainable positive socio-economic change at the local, regional, and national level through both operational programs and grant-making.
The Foundation is committed to the principle of gender equality and encourages applicants to consider the different impact the project may have on female and male members of the society.
- Citizen monitoring
- Corporate and community philanthropy
- Evidence-based advocacy and policy making
- Cross-border/cross-community cooperation
- Cross-cutting gender policy
- Youth integration
- Public-private partnerships
- Open Door grantmaking
To qualify for Strategic Grants, organizations should satisfy all the following criteria:
- Several years of un-interrupted operations in their fields of interest and track record of attracting diverse sources of funding.
- Proven record of serving as a resource for civil society and local civic leaders in a specific region(s).
- Strong interest in and commitment to strategic organizational development.
- Access to diverse means to support their activities, such as membership fees, program income, own office space, etc.
- Interest in exploring the idea of creating social enterprise as a model to address local needs and contribute to institutional sustainability.
- Commitment to work with other leading regional CSOs to identify common issues that can be put on the national policy agenda.
- Commitment to gender equality and equity
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download and complete the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Europe Foundation.