25 30 April 2016
Teach a Man to Fish is seeking applications from schools around the world for its School Enterprise Challenge international award program to guide and support teachers and students to plan and set up real school businesses.
Students develop essential skills in business and entrepreneurship in a practical, fun and innovative way. The Challenge also helps schools generate extra income for their school, or a social cause of their choice.
The School Enterprise Challenge is designed to help young people to become socially responsible entrepreneurs, who seek not just to make a profit, but also think about their planet and the people around them.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- It helps students to become the business leaders of the future, increase their employability and support their university and college applications.
- Establish a new source of income for school. On average, each school participating in the School Enterprise Challenge generates USD $1,000 per year through their enterprise.
- Applicant can gain access to organization’s full suite of educational resources and use its school-based enterprise to enhance teaching and learning in a variety of curriculum areas.
- Applicant can get international recognition as a leading entrepreneurial school and find an international partner school.
- Apply for a Business Mentor and get personalized 1-2-1 support for school business.
- Applicant can join hundreds of other schools from all over the world in School Enterprise Challenge Community by building his/her profile and chat to other schools and join discussions in organization’s online forum.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Over $50,000 in cash prize, laptops, cameras, tickets and flights to organization’s international conference. Awards are divided into stages:
Stage 1: Business Ideas
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- 5 Best Business Ideas- $250 each
Stage 2: Business Plans
- Top Global Prize- $2,000
- 5 Regional Prizes- $1,000 each
- 10 Country Prizes- $3,00 each
- 2 Special Category Prizes
- Business Development- $1,000
- Primary School- $1,000
Stage 3: Business Implementation
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Top Global Prize- $5,000+1funded conference place
- People-Profit-Planet- $2,000+1funded conference place each
- 5 Regional Prizes- $2,000 each
- 6 Country Prizes- $5,00 each
- Special Category Prizes
- Business Development- $2,000
- Primary School- $2,000
- Buddy School of the year- $1,000
- Teacher and Student Awards
- SEC Head Teacher Award- 1funded conference place
- 3 Inspirational Teacher Awards
- 1st Prize- $2,000
- 2nd and 3rd Prize- $1,000 each
- 3 Enterprising Student Awards
- 1st Prize- Laptop
- 2nd and 3rd Prize- Camera each
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit School Enterprise Challenge.