Deadline: 15 May 2016
U.S. Department of State Bureau of Counterterrorism (CT) is seeking applications from U.S.-based and foreign-based organisations to support the U.S. Government to establish, develop and operationalize the Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Center of Excellence and Counter-messaging Hub in East Africa.
CT seeks applications that demonstrate organizational and institutional capacity to carry out the following activities in Djibouti and/or throughout East Africa:
- Development of the Center: Assist IGAD, key IGAD member states, and international donors to facilitate the establishment, development, and operationalization of the Center through dedicated advisory and technical support for the two planning working groups:
- Strategic and organizational development working group (focus on mandate, mission, priorities, and education and training curricula and standards).
- Administrative and Operations Management Development working group (focus on administrative, financial, talent recruitment, and institutional policies and issues).
- Promote the Center’s role in the delivery and facilitation of CVE training and other CVE capacity-building support involving the international donor community, IGAD, key IGAD member states, and civil society actors in East Africa to:
- Provide dedicated support, research, and initiatives to promote the Center’s role in facilitating and coordinating a range of CVE training and capacity-building programs involving civilian government officials and civil society leaders.
- Ensure that the Center is aware of and involved in the full range of current CVE programming being supported by international donors in East Africa.
Funding Information: CT expects to award one cooperative agreement not to exceed $1,180,000
- U.S.-based non-profit organizations/nongovernment organizations (NGO)
- Foreign-based non-profit organizations/nongovernment organizations (NGO)
- Public International Organizations
- Private, public, or state institutions of higher education
- For-profit organizations or businesses
- CT’s preference is to work with non-profit entities; however, there may be occasions when a for-profit entity is best suited.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Bureau of Counterterrorism.