Deadline: 31 May 2016
The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is seeking applications from organisations to enhance Nicaraguan citizens’ awareness of Rule of Law (ROL) principles, in order to advocate for strong ROL in Nicaragua.
- Support law students to improve their ethical and analytical capacity with regard to ROL.
- Help private business owners to increase their awareness and improve their capacity to advocate for ROL
- Help CSOs to improve their organizational capacity to include ROL as a cross-cutting theme in their existing and future citizen security programs
Funding Information: The anticipated total federal funding amount is not to exceed $1,000,000.
- U.S. non-profit organization or a U.S. private/state educational institution meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c) (3) and can demonstrate current country registration in Nicaragua. Should the applicant be selected for an award, funding will be contingent upon 501(c)(3) status;
- Local, in-country, non-profit organization, educational institution, or private institutions that can demonstrate current country registration in Nicaragua, competent programmatic ability, and ability to meet INL reporting requirements;
- Must have demonstrated experience implementing similar education or capacity building programs, preferably in Nicaragua. INL reserves the right to request additional background information on organizations that do not have previous experience administering similar programs and/or federal grant awards.
- Applicants must have the ability to produce course materials, deliver training, and conduct evaluations in Spanish and English. The applicant’s staff should be proficient in English in order to fulfill reporting requirements.
- Applicants must have existing, or the capacity to develop, active partnerships with stakeholders in order to successfully carry out the proposed program.
- Organizations may form a consortium and submit a combined proposal. However, one organization should be designated as the lead applicant.
- Applicants must be able to respond to the NOFO and be able to mobilize in a short period of time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ROL Advocacy to Increase Citizen Security.