Deadline: 15 June 2016
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is seeking applications from eligible entities to fund a program entitled “Polio Eradication and Emergency Response in Priority Countries” with an aim to support the government of Afghanistan and Pakistan to achieve polio eradication in 2016 and provide for post-eradication sustaining efforts.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The program has established a presidential task force and activated an Emergency Operation Center to implement and monitor activities. Multiple partners are working with the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) including Rotary International, WHO, UNICEF, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID and others.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Support polio campaign activities in security compromised and inaccessible areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Improve training and supervision of polio eradication initiative (PEI) activities in Priority 1 and 2 low-performing districts (LPDs) in Afghanistan
- IPV catch-up vaccination of children < 5 years of age in low-performing districts of Afghanistan.
- Increased access to children with polio vaccine in the insecure and inaccessible areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Improved quality of polio campaigns in Priority 1 and 2 low-performing districts.
- Improved Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV) coverage among children < 5 years of age in Afghanistan.
Funding Information: Subject to the availability of funds, the estimated total funding is$2,000,000
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Eligible applicant must have demonstrated experience and collaboration in the following areas:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Collaboration in public health programs with priority country national governments
- Collaboration with multiple polio eradication partners including BMGF, USAID, WHO, UNICEF, Rotary and others
- Collaboration with movement partners ICRC and ARCS who will negotiate for safe access in insecure areas
- Demonstrated accomplishments in designing and implementing public health action and programs in complex settings
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilize sufficient culturally competent personnel to achieve outcomes
- Ability to manage grants and contracts
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications electronically via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Polio Eradication and Emergency Response.