Deadline: 31 July 2016
The U.S. Embassy Abuja Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is seeking proposals from organisations for an Annual Program Statement to award grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations and academic institutions to support exchange between the United States and the Federal Republic of Nigeria with the aim of improving mutual respect and understanding.
The PAS Grants Program supports projects that:
- Advance good governance in Nigeria through the promotion of improved transparency and accountability in government, rule of law, and enhanced civic participation;
- Increase public support for U.S.-Nigerian cooperation in business, entrepreneurship, science, and technology and support sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction;
- Support peace and security through civic education, countering violent extremism programming and peace and reconciliation projects;
- Improve and expand English language learning through curriculum development, teacher training, and partnerships with U.S. education institutions.
Award Information: Grant projects generally must be completed in one year or less.
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: $1,000
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $100,000
PAS encourages applications from organizations located in Nigeria, the United States, or abroad including:
- Registered not-for-profit and civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience;
- Individuals with two years of not-for-profit, project management or education, experience
- Educational institutions
- PAS encourages applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of projects.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their proposals online through email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Annual Program Statement.