Deadline: 31 July 2016
The U.S. Embassy Abuja Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is seeking proposals from organisations for an Annual Program Statement to award grants to individuals, non-governmental organizations and academic institutions to support exchange between the United States and the Federal Republic of Nigeria with the aim of improving mutual respect and understanding.
The PAS Grants Program supports projects that:
- Advance good governance in Nigeria through the promotion of improved transparency and accountability in government, rule of law, and enhanced civic participation;
- Increase public support for U.S.-Nigerian cooperation in business, entrepreneurship, science, and technology and support sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction;
- Support peace and security through civic education, countering violent extremism programming and peace and reconciliation projects;
- Improve and expand English language learning through curriculum development, teacher training, and partnerships with U.S. education institutions.
Award Information: Grant projects generally must be completed in one year or less.
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: $1,000
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $100,000
PAS encourages applications from organizations located in Nigeria, the United States, or abroad including:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Registered not-for-profit and civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience;
- Individuals with two years of not-for-profit, project management or education, experience
- Educational institutions
- PAS encourages applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of projects.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their proposals online through email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Annual Program Statement.