Deadline: 23 May 2016
The United States Embassy is seeking applications from qualified Nigerien local organizations for a program entitled “Niger Integrated Gender Equality Advancement: Empowering Adolescent Girls for a more Prosperous and Stable Life” that will contribute to the U.S. Mission’s efforts in promoting gender equality with an aim to address the needs and challenges of adolescent girls, including those with physical disabilities, within a positive, nurturing and supportive environment.
The program will help to empower vulnerable adolescent girls to become change agents in their communities through capacity building and leadership development trainings.
- Provide opportunities and growth experiences that will enable participants to become independent, self-sufficient and confident young women.
- Provide assistance to adolescents with physical, visual and hearing disabilities to reach their full potential.
- Create a network for adolescent girls to ensure sustainability.
Funding Information: Approximate total funding is 850,000 US dollars.
- Empowering adolescents with physical, visual and hearing disabilities
- Changing the mindset of adolescent girls
- Youth Resource Centers
- Vocational training
- Local Nigerien Non-Governmental Organizations are eligible to apply
- Funds will be allocated to more than one recipients based on the proposed activities.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Niger Integrated Gender Equality Advancement.