Deadline: 23 May 2016
The Public Affairs Section of the Embassy of the United States of America in Islamabad, Pakistan is currently inviting all eligible organizations to submit a proposal for a Grant or Cooperative Agreement to support activities focused on advancing cultural ties between the United States and Pakistan through one of the priority areas.
- Strengthen people-to-people ties between the United States and Pakistan through shared information, experiences, exchanges, and/or expertise.
- Strengthen local institutions to build long-term, self-sustaining relationships and institutional linkages between U.S. and Pakistani organizations, including capacity building support for Pakistani organizations as needed.
- Counter violent extremism (CVE) through positive messages and tolerant perspectives that enhance and amplify community-based CVE in a wide range of areas.
- Expand media outreach by amplifying U.S. diplomacy activities and programs on social and traditional media platforms.
- Women/girls’ empowerment
- Inclusion diplomacy (disabilities outreach)
- Music, visual, and performing arts
- Cultural heritage
- Environment/climate change
Subject to available funding, current plans for this solicitation are as follows:
- Individual award amount: The award floor is set at $200,000; the award ceiling is set at $500,000.
- Total available funding: $1,500,000
- Submissions are encouraged from U.S. and Pakistani registered not-for-profit, civil society/nongovernmental organizations, and educational institutions with experience implementing programming of the type they are proposing.
- This experience should be documented in the organization’s proposal.
- A copy of the organization’s registration should be provided with the proposal application. U.S.-based organizations should submit a copy of their IRS determination letter.
- Pakistan-based organizations should submit a copy of their certificate of registration from the appropriate government organization.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit all application materials electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Annual Program Statement for Cultural Affairs.