Deadline: 5 November 2015
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications for a cooperative agreement from qualified U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations to fund a program entitled “Engaging Somalis in Peaceful Political Processes (ES3P)”.
ES3P activities will focus on political processes within Somalia, including in Somaliland and Punt land. Activities may also encompass work with emerging states and interim regional authorities as they develop electoral processes
- Citizens’ participation in political and electoral processes increased
- Capacity of election management bodies and other relevant government bodies to administer credible elections and political processes increased
- Political parties promote inclusion and contribute to peaceful political processes
USAID intends to provide $24 million in total USAID funding over a five-year period.
- U.S. and non-US organizations are eligible to apply.
- USAID encourages applications from a broad range of interested parties, foreign and domestic non-profit organizations, foreign and domestic for-profit companies that forego profit, faith-based organizations, individuals, foundations, academic institutions, civic groups and regional organizations.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously done business with USAID.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit grants.gov and download the full announcement of the opportunity.