Deadline: 15 April 2016
The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in Macedonia is seeking applications from eligible prospective Macedonian organizations to fund a program entitled “Protection of Migrant Human Rights” with an objective to improve the assistance and services provided to migrants/refugees transiting Macedonia with a particular focus on women and youth and to protect their human rights in line with the UNHCR Refugee Convention.
In order to respond to the refugee crisis in Macedonia, USAID is seeking to fund a program that will ensure that civil society organizations and government institutions protect the human rights of migrants/refugees and meet the distinct needs of the most vulnerable groups among them.
- Increasing capacities for provision of assistance to migrants/refugees
- Preventing xenophobic and violent behavior against migrants/refugees
- Subject to the availability of funds, USAID/Macedonia anticipates awarding one Cooperative Agreement in amount of $375,000.
- The duration of the proposed program should be 18 months.
- Applications should be from qualified local, Macedonian entities, such as private, non-profit organizations (or for-profit companies willing to forego profits), including private voluntary organizations, universities, research organizations, professional associations, and relevant special interest associations.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity.
- USAID will not accept applications from individuals.
- All applicants must be legally recognized organizational entities under applicable law.
- Public International Organizations and government entities are not eligible to apply for funding under this program.
- Applicants may only submit one application.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Interested applicants can submit their applications electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Protection of Migrant Human Rights.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.