Deadline: 15 April 2016
The aim behind this program is to support communities’ efforts to become healthier places to live, work, learn, play and pray.
The Cultivating Healthy Communities program will support projects that benefit underserved, low-income, and minority communities.
The foundation focuses on the following five domains:
- Healthy Behaviors
- Community Safety
- Built Environment
- Social/Economic Factors
- Environmental Exposures
It is expected to award up to $2 million in grants to organizations in the continental United States through this RFP. Applicants can request a total grant amount of either $50,000 or $100,000 for the entire project period.
- RFP and application materials published March 22, 2016
- Stage 1 application due April 15, 2016
- Notification of Stage 1 decisions May 13, 2016
- Webinars for applicants invited to Stage 2 May 16 and 17, 2016
- Stage 2 applications due June 10, 2016
- Notification of Stage 2 decisions July 15, 2016
- Signed contracts due August 1, 2016
- Earliest possible project start date August 15, 2016
- Latest possible project start date October 15, 2016
Applications are invited from the continental United States based organizations with annual operating budgets of up to $250,000 or above.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through the Aetna Foundation’s grant application portal.
For more information, please visit Aetna Foundation.