Deadline: 2 July 2016
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), an agency of Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking applications from organisations with an aim to promote the safety of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulated products and advance public health through strengthened collaboration and partnerships with State legislatures.
- Inform FDA of proposed State legislation regarding FDA regulated products and provide status updates.
- Provide technical assistance to FDA, State legislatures, and State, local, territorial, and tribal agencies on legislation regarding FDA regulated products.
- Provide outreach to State legislatures and regulatory agencies on proposed and existing FDA regulations.
- Provide FDA with situational awareness of State legislative activities.
- Promote informed decision-making by State legislatures and regulatory agencies on regulatory issues impacting FDA regulated products.
- FDA intends to fund up to $175,000, for fiscal year 2016 in support of this grant program.
- The scope of the proposed project should determine the project period. The maximum project period is five (5) years.
- National associations/organizations
- The association/organization must serve as a bipartisan organization of by and for state legislatures.
- The association must be dedicated to serving all state legislators and legislative staff through research, publications, consulting assistance, meetings, seminars and electronic services.
- The association must serve to improve the quality and effectiveness of state legislatures, promote policy innovation and communication among state legislatures.
- Foreign Institutions
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
- Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Foreign components are not allowed
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Strengthening Partnerships with State Legislatures.