Deadline: 20 June 2016
The Wellcome Trust is currently seeking applications for the Pathfinder Awards, funding innovative discrete pilot studies to develop assets and de-risk future development.
Priorities for Pathfinder Award funding include (in no particular order):
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- discrete high-quality experiments to demonstrate proof-of-concept data assay development
- IP development for a critical experiment to validate IP (in strong cases)
- stimulating product development that could ultimately improve the outlook for patients with orphan and neglected diseases
- encouraging effective partnership between a public sector applicant (academic or not-for-profit entity) and a company partner.
- The average award amount is envisaged to be in the region of £100,000, but up to £350,000 will be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- For partnership applications, the Wellcome Trust contribution to the partnership will be capped at £100,000.Evidence of matching funding from the company partner will be expected.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Applications are welcome from academic and commercial organisations based in the UK or the Republic of Ireland. Applications from organisations and companies overseas will only be considered when applying in partnership.
- Eligible institutions are not-for-profit research institutions, including those funded by the Medical Research Council, Cancer Research UK and the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council, and equivalents that are registered to Welcome Trust Grant Conditions.
- Commercial companies are eligible to apply either as lead applicants or as collaborators.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit their applications through an online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Wellcome Trust.