Deadline: 1 September 2016
The Embassy of United States in Uganda is seeking applications from organisations for The President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) Community Grants Program to Combat HIV/AIDS with an aim to assist communities and local Ugandan grassroots organizations with small-scale development projects to provide care and support to key populations (KP), adolescent girls and young women (AGYW), and orphans and vulnerable children (OVC).
Program Priorities for Community Grants
- Support for OVC, Adolescent Girls and Young Women
- Support for Key Population
Grant Information: The amount for each award is no more than equivalent of $25,000 and will be paid in Ugandan Shillings.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The program must:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Directly support the beneficiaries in the following prioritized districts through the core intervention services.
- Have an evidence-based understanding of the HIV epidemics and a community member’s risk of HIV and from HIV.
- Have already assessed and identified priority needs for the beneficiaries.
- Be achievable in one year.
- Have a demonstrable impact on epidemic control and the quality of lives of the infected and affected by HIV.
- Be community driven with significant community support.
- Develop linkages with other service providers in the community, including healthcare providers.
- Be sustainable. The program must include plans to ensure that the beneficiaries will receive the same level of support after the funding ends. (Salaries, space and utility for office administration cannot be funded by this grant.)
- Be conducted by registered non-profit Ugandan organizations.
- Produce clearly measurable results. The project needs to be able to quantify and report on the number of key population and/or OVC served with the funding received.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can send their complete applications either via post or email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit PEPFAR Community Grant.