Deadline: 30 April 2016
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA), Asia Development Alliance (ADA), and Asia Democracy Network (ADN) are currently accepting applications for its 4th Glocal Advocacy Leadership in Asia Academy (GALA Academy), with an aim to enhance the capacity of the next generation of CSO leaders in Asia, who will play a crucial and constructive role in the national, regional, and international advocacy on human rights, development, and democracy.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Better understanding of the international policy-agenda and processes related to human rights, development and democracy in the context of the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development known as Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Improved strategic and critical thinking by linking global discourses and local contexts.
- Enhanced collaboration among CSOs in the region in developing cross-sectoral advocacy action plans based on collective analysis.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Full time mid-or high-level staff in a national, sub-regional (South, Southeast, and Northeast Asia) or regional NGO/CSO in Asia.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of policy and advocacy on development, human rights or/and democracy.
- Commitment to working in the same organisation at least until the end of 2017.
- Sufficient knowledge and experiences related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), democracy-related issues and/or national/ regional/ UN human rights mechanisms.
- Timely and satisfactory completion and submission of (preparatory) home-assignments.
- Ability to communicate in English (both spoken and written).
- Short-listed applicants will be informed on or before 10 May 2016 by email.
- Some applicants may be interviewed over Skype or phone during the short-listing process.
- Short-listed applicants will receive rounds of questionnaires and reading materials for homework prior to the actual training.
How to Apply
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must fill the application form via given website and also submit a letter of recommendation.
For more information, please visit http://www.forum-asia.org/?p=20577
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.