Deadline: 30 April 2016
The Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA), Asia Development Alliance (ADA), and Asia Democracy Network (ADN) are currently accepting applications for its 4th Glocal Advocacy Leadership in Asia Academy (GALA Academy), with an aim to enhance the capacity of the next generation of CSO leaders in Asia, who will play a crucial and constructive role in the national, regional, and international advocacy on human rights, development, and democracy.
- Better understanding of the international policy-agenda and processes related to human rights, development and democracy in the context of the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development known as Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Improved strategic and critical thinking by linking global discourses and local contexts.
- Enhanced collaboration among CSOs in the region in developing cross-sectoral advocacy action plans based on collective analysis.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Full time mid-or high-level staff in a national, sub-regional (South, Southeast, and Northeast Asia) or regional NGO/CSO in Asia.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of policy and advocacy on development, human rights or/and democracy.
- Commitment to working in the same organisation at least until the end of 2017.
- Sufficient knowledge and experiences related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), democracy-related issues and/or national/ regional/ UN human rights mechanisms.
- Timely and satisfactory completion and submission of (preparatory) home-assignments.
- Ability to communicate in English (both spoken and written).
- Short-listed applicants will be informed on or before 10 May 2016 by email.
- Some applicants may be interviewed over Skype or phone during the short-listing process.
- Short-listed applicants will receive rounds of questionnaires and reading materials for homework prior to the actual training.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must fill the application form via given website and also submit a letter of recommendation.
For more information, please visit http://www.forum-asia.org/?p=20577
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.