Deadline: 15 August 2015
The FMM West Africa Project funded by the European Union and ECOWAS and implemented by the International Organization for Migration (IOM), the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) is seeking applications for its Fund for Non-State Actors in order to support migration data management, border management, labour migration and combating trafficking in persons in West Africa.
The overall objective of the Fund is to enhance the participation of Non-State Actors in the implementation of the ECOWAS Free Movement Approach at regional, national and local levels. The
The fund also seeks to strengthen the capacities of Non-State Actors and public local authorities from the West African Region and Mauritania to promote and protect the rights of migrants and to develop networks and cross-border cooperation projects.
- support the ECOWAS Commission in its role as a regional platform for migration policy development
- strengthen the Migration Dialogue for West Africa (MIDWA) as well as build the capacities of ECOWAS in managing migration
- exploring the benefit of ECOWAS free movement protocols.
The total budget of the proposal must fall between 50 000 EUR and 100 000 EUR.
- Strengthening the free movement of persons, right of residence and establishment in the ECOWAS region;
- Supporting the cross- border movement of populations and promoting cross-border cooperation;
- Protection of vulnerable migrants and preventing violation of their fundamental human rights;
- Protection and empowerment of migrant workers;
- Reintegration of returning migrants;
- Gender and migration dimension.
- Applicants eligible to receive grants from the FMM West Africa Fund must be Non-State Actors legally registered and operating in one of the 15 ECOWAS member states or Mauritania.
- Eligible Non-State Actors include:
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs);
- Economic and Social partners ( such as Trade unions and Employer’s associations);
- Private sector ( such as Business organisations and other private sector associations);
- Traders and Transporters Associations or Syndicates;
- Media organizations;
- Migrants associations
- The organization should be legally registered;
- The organisation should have a management structure with clearly defined and divided roles and responsibilities;
- The organisation should have a sufficient technical and institutional capacity necessary for the efficient and effective implementation of the proposed project;
- The organization should be documented a sufficient administrative and accountability capacity;
- The organisation should have an annual statement of accounts and an internal control system with adequate internal manuals and financial guidelines;
- The organisation should have a bank account operated by more than one signatory, and opened minimum two years ago.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the concept notes at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Fund for Non-State Actors.