Deadline: 3 August 2015
IGLYO is currently inviting eligible applicants from European member countries to participate in the study session “DOWN & OUT: Social Exclusion of LGBTQ Young People and Homelessness”. The study session will be held at the European Youth Centre, Budapest, Hungary, from 25 October to 31 October 2015 (inclusive of travel), in partnership with the European Federation of National Organisations Working with the Homeless (FEANTSA).
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IGLYO has been working on the topic of social inclusion and the intersection of LGBTQ identities and socioeconomic status. The study session will integrate IGLYO’s previous work in an event focusing on a particular aspect of social inclusion that has until now received little attention at the pan-European level.
The aim of the study session is to equip participants with knowledge, skills and tools to address the risks and consequences of homelessness and lower socioeconomic status affecting LGBTQ youth.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Specifically, the learning objectives are:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- To develop understanding of homelessness and lower socioeconomic status, and how they are impacted by sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression;
- To share ideas and experiences on working with youth affected by homelessness and lower socioeconomic status;
- To improve participants’ capacity to address the needs of LGBTQ youth affected by homelessness and low socioeconomic status (through advocacy, services, empowerment, educating providers, and other intervention);
- To develop steps to apply learning to participants’ work and local contexts.
- All accommodation and food will be provided by the European Youth Center, in shared rooms.
- Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed. Reimbursement will take place after presenting the receipts, tickets, etc. within an identified timeframe.
- Every accommodation possible will be made to welcome people regardless of (dis)abilities.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The ideal participant:
- works with or is interested in working with homelessness or is an LGBTQ activist/worker motivated and in a position to address homelessness and lower socioeconomic status among LGBTQ youth.
- is between 18-30 years old.
- is able to attend the full program (every participant must attend at least 80% of the program.)
- has a level of English that would allow for unhindered participation in an international seminar. Interpretation services may be possible in exceptional circumstances for participants from very low socioeconomic status or who have experienced homelessness, if they do not have a functional command of English.
- is from a Council of Europe Member State. However, since a limited number of places can be given out to participants who are not part of the Council of Europe, we will be happy to accept and review applications from outside of CoE area
- Organisations are encouraged to increase their efforts to delegate people with lower socioeconomic status and/or who have experienced homelessness.
- IGLYO encourages applicants from all ethnic, cultural, and migrant backgrounds to apply, as well as all socio-economic situations, and all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
How to Apply
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Interested candidates can apply by filling the online application form. Successful applicants will be notified by email around the date of 28 August.
For more information, please visit IGLYO Call for Applications.
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.