The Fund supports primarily actors who would elsewhere be ineligible for funding or for reasons of capacity or otherwise have difficulty securing funding from sources outside the region. It supports the promotion, protection, and advancement of the full spectrum of human rights – civil, political, economic, social, and cultural – and the human rights of all constituencies, e.g., women, children, minorities, persons with disabilities.
The Fund will award grants up to $40,000 per grant and not per grantee. The Fund will also make multi-year grants for up to three years.
Thematic Area: Human Rights
Algeria, Bahrain, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
Applicants can be
- Non-governmental human rights organizations, networks, and coalitions
- Human rights programs and initiatives by other actors’ i.e. local development and other civil society groups, educational institutions, national human rights institutions, duty bearers, professional associations…etc.
- Nascent civil society organizations
- Well-established civil society organizations with a demonstrated record of outreach to emerging actors
- Informal groups that show potential to carry out important initiatives
- Organizations and individuals carrying out human rights work in enforced exile
- Individuals working in the public sphere (on a case-by-case basis).
How to Apply
- The Fund accepts grant requests submitted only through its Grants Portal.
- All interested applicants must register with the Fund’s Grants Portal. Through this portal applicants can submit a grant request, track their grant, monitor the status of grant payments, and submit reports.
More information about this Foundation is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…