Date Posted: 31 Jan 2013
Management Sciences for Health(MSH) announces the vacancy of Portfolio Manager and seeks applications from qualified and experienced candidates for this position. The location of this job will be based in US-VA-Arlington. Proficiency in French or Spanish is desired, as are languages of other USAID-supported countries.
- Graduate degree in a health-related field with specialized training and/or experience relating to Pharmaceutical Services required; physician, nurse, or pharmacist qualification preferred. MPH or MBA degree advantageous.
- At least Ten (10) years of progressively responsible, related experience is required.
- Significant relevant experience in pharmaceutical management systems development and strengthening in developing country context required. Relevant experience in international public health with experience in pharmaceutical services and systems strengthening in developing countries strongly preferred.
- Experience with public health programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and supervisory abilities, particularly with senior-level colleagues. Well honed active listening skills, combined with a desire to actively coach, mentor, and provide thoughtful feedback to colleagues, peers, and subordinates.
- Prior experience and success directing large international donor-funded projects. Demonstrated strategic planning and visioning skills.
- Familiarity with USG regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects.
- Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, CAs, and donor organizations.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish is desired, as are languages of other USAID-supported countries.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as required to support the progress of program activities.
How to Apply
For more info please visit this link.