Deadline: 4 Feb 2013
Plan International is seeking applications from experiened, qualified and deserving applicants for the vacancy of Country Director – Nepal. Please note that this is a 5 year fixed term contract. This job will be based in the country office located in Lalitpur with extensive and regular local travel as well as some international travel. Ability to travel to remote areas required.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Salary: US$60,000 to $72,000. This is an accompanied position and a full expat package will be available.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Demonstrable knowledge as a result of study, training or practical experience on the key debates in development, particularly around child rights.
- Practical knowledge of the requirements of donor compliance and financial management
- Practical knowledge of programming for development and emergency response
- Fluency in English and one other of the Plan languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese), oral and written.
- Knowledge of Nepal, the geopolitical factors affecting child-poverty in the country and Asian Development Community as well as the political, social and economic opportunities for development are an advantage
- Knowledge of sponsorship and/or grant funded programming an advantage
Leadership Skills and Behaviours demonstrated from experience;
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Striving for high performance: Strongly drives performance forward in area of the business for which they are responsible; involves others in setting and achieving goals; creates a strong sense of purpose within own part of the business and with stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and innovation: Sets strong strategy in own part of organisation; makes an effective contribution to wider strategy; sees contribution of own part of the organisation in wider Plan and external context; balances future vision with practical delivery; critically evaluates work effectiveness and searches for better ways of working.
- Decision making and risk management: Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations; alerts others to risks inside and outside the organisation; willing to make judgements about managing risks and ready to take responsibility for such judgements
- Influencing and Communications: Effective communicator using clear messages drawn from Plan’s work; cross-culturally adept; ready to work to influence leaders in governments, international bodies, partners and communities; can reach out and influence large groups of people; effective communicator with children and young people.
- Building effective teams and partnerships: Collegiate – acting as a team player in country, region or function, even if this results in adjustment of own priorities; develops mutually trusting relationships with complex partnerships to deliver excellent business outcomes
- Developing people: Supports learning and a sense of mutual purpose in diverse teams; sets a strong learning culture in their part of the organisation; effective coach, equally at home with high performers and those in difficulty; uses opportunities across Plan to develop others
- Self awareness and resilience: Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations; plans own learning and development; aware of impact on others and adjusts own behaviour accordingly; has a positive impact on those around them; leads major change while keeping staff and partners on board
For more info please visit this link.