Application Deadline : 13 Feb 2013
Starting Date : 25 Feb 2013 (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
UNDP is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Development Researcher and Writer. This is home-based job and the duration of initial contract is 7 months. Fluency in English is a must. Working knowledge of reading in Spanish and/or French would be considered as asset.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Master’s degree in the following relevant fields: social or political science, international development, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience at the national and/or international level working with well recognized universities, research institutes and/or development organizations;
- Demonstrated experience producing analytical written pieces on development issues that are concise and convincing;
- Experience interacting with, researching or managing international development initiatives
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding/knowledge of development issues, particularly those related to poverty reduction, inequality and the MDGs
- Demonstrated experience writing academic or development oriented policy papers, project proposals and/or development reports for reputable international organizations.
- Professional experience conducting research on developing issues
- Web editing experience Drupal would be an asset
- Proficient in the use of computers and office software packages.
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of reading in Spanish and/or French would be considered as asset.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Please note that only applicants who are shorted-listed will be contacted.
The Secretariat will cross check previous work experience and expertise.
If shortlisted the Secretariat may ask the applicant to share one or several of his/her previous works to assess competencies and skills of the applicant.
For more information visit this link.