Deadline: 8 April 2016
WorldFish is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Accountant in Penang, Malaysia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Assistant Accountant will work closely with the GL Accountant, who reports to the Accounting Manager.
WorldFish’s mission is to reduce poverty and hunger by improving fisheries and aquaculture.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant Accountant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Perform capitalization of fixed assets and run depreciation every month.
- Control the printing and issuance of Asset Tags for both HQ and Country Offices.
- Ensure that an annual fixed asset count/sighting is conducted in each fiscal year, at all WorldFish offices/locations.
- Prepare the relevant reports, notes and schedules for management reporting, annual audit and financial statements.
- Book the revenue generated and expenses incurred monthly.
- Perform system and actual billings, based on the hosting agreements.
- Perform follow-up on unpaid billings every month.
- Ensure that such payments are duly posted to the correct account.
- Perform system and actual billings so that the amounts are recorded as Receivables at the month-end.
- Follow-up on unpaid billings every month.
- Check and provide insights to finance team members or process owners (in HQ and Country Offices) on balance sheet account balances every month to ensure that (a) corrective actions are taken (where needed) and (b) financial statement assertions and management reporting requirements are duly fulfilled.
- Investigate aged balances in for Corporate Credit Cards and work with the respective cardholders on expense liquidation.
- Check whether all sub-ledger totals (Fixed Asset Module / Accounts Payable Module / Accounts Receivable Modules) tie to GL control account totals.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- A Diploma in Accounting or is an associate/student member of a professional accountancy body (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia, MICPA).
- At least 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience (GL/AP/AR or audit), preferably from an international accounting firm or MNC.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel functionalities.
- Meticulous, good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A good team player and has good inter-personal skills.
- Working knowledge of an ERP software system (e.g. Oracle, SAP, and Agresso) would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and oral.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WorldFish.