Deadline: 8 April 2016
WorldFish is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant Accountant in Penang, Malaysia.
The Assistant Accountant will work closely with the GL Accountant, who reports to the Accounting Manager.
WorldFish’s mission is to reduce poverty and hunger by improving fisheries and aquaculture.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant Accountant will perform the following functions-
- Perform capitalization of fixed assets and run depreciation every month.
- Control the printing and issuance of Asset Tags for both HQ and Country Offices.
- Ensure that an annual fixed asset count/sighting is conducted in each fiscal year, at all WorldFish offices/locations.
- Prepare the relevant reports, notes and schedules for management reporting, annual audit and financial statements.
- Book the revenue generated and expenses incurred monthly.
- Perform system and actual billings, based on the hosting agreements.
- Perform follow-up on unpaid billings every month.
- Ensure that such payments are duly posted to the correct account.
- Perform system and actual billings so that the amounts are recorded as Receivables at the month-end.
- Follow-up on unpaid billings every month.
- Check and provide insights to finance team members or process owners (in HQ and Country Offices) on balance sheet account balances every month to ensure that (a) corrective actions are taken (where needed) and (b) financial statement assertions and management reporting requirements are duly fulfilled.
- Investigate aged balances in for Corporate Credit Cards and work with the respective cardholders on expense liquidation.
- Check whether all sub-ledger totals (Fixed Asset Module / Accounts Payable Module / Accounts Receivable Modules) tie to GL control account totals.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A Diploma in Accounting or is an associate/student member of a professional accountancy body (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia, MICPA).
- At least 1 to 2 years of relevant working experience (GL/AP/AR or audit), preferably from an international accounting firm or MNC.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel functionalities.
- Meticulous, good organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A good team player and has good inter-personal skills.
- Working knowledge of an ERP software system (e.g. Oracle, SAP, and Agresso) would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and oral.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WorldFish.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.