Deadline: 22 April 2016
The Budget & Finance Associate will be responsible to provide accounting policy guidance and income/ awards and budgetary management and support across the SEA Region.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Budget & Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Review donor agreements and amendments to ensure compliance with the financial rules and regulations, standard operating procedures and guidelines ensuring full cost recovery principle.
- Review and process Award amendment Requests (AMRs), Award Activation Requests (AARs) and Award Distribution Requests (ADRs), co-ordinate with technical units and HQ; do an analysis of award distributions in GSM within budget ceilings.
- Fund the work plans; reconcile award distribution, budget and work plan funding; advise award managers and staff on budgetary issues.
- Follow-up on receivables, undistributed funds and expiring awards. Carry out tasks related to monthly, annual, biennial closures.
- Initiate any follow up relating to implementation of voluntary funded projects and co-ordinate with award managers, including closure of awards, financial reports due to donors and processing of refunds.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing materials for WR’s meeting, Regional Committee meeting, PBAC, WHA and other meetings.
- Recording of In-Kind and In-service contributions in line with Standard Operating Procedure (SoP) and ensuring adequate supporting documentation and audit trail for recording expenditure against these awards.
- Managing HR plan of assigned budget centres and reporting thereon.
- Draft comments/correspondence related to the incumbents area of work.
- Replace other Assistants in Budget during their absence. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor(s).
Applicants must have-
- Completion of Secondary School education with specialization in budgeting and accounting.
- Diploma / certificate of specialization in finance and accounting an advantage.
- Training in computer applications including excel.
- At least 6 years’ experience in the areas of budget or financial accounting.
- Experience in a UN Organization or International Organization is an asset.
- Good knowledge and understanding of WHO Financial Rules and Regulations. eManual Provisions, WHO’s automated accounting system (GSM) and accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and application of advance excel skills as applied to data generated from the GSM for conversion into user friendly reports.
- Ability to draft standard correspondence.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.