Deadline: 8 April 2016
The Budget and Finance Associate will expected to perform a variety of programme budget and work plans related functions, and be fully responsible for correspondence initiated or cleared.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Budget and Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Assist in periodic monitoring & review of budget ceilings & assessment needs of the technical units as per category wise and programme area wise needs and allocations.
- Prepare & consolidate budget analysis after taking into consideration the needs of the technical units.
- Coordinate with RO for revision of budget ceilings as per operational requirements.
- Review and analyze HR plan for identification of HR savings (if any) to be moved to activities or vice-versa.
- Prepare programme changes & affecting the approved programme changes in GSM.
- Assist PTAEO validation and funds management for HR and Activities work plan.
- Facilitate financial analysis, reports and presentations. Generate MIS & provide support to AO for decision making – as and when required.
- Facilitate implementation of recommendation of management reviews and audit observations/queries.
- Facilitate biennial operational planning process including technical and financial monitoring /reporting.
- Support operational GSM work during the biennial planning process; mid-term and end of the biennium review process.
- Costing & budgeting of HR and activities work plan.
- Act as focal point for GSM actions and compliances w.r.t operational planning and end of the year review process in GSM.
- Support the planning team during development /implementation and monitoring of GPW and CCS.
- Facilitate VC funds tracking, monitoring and implementation trend including tracking of donor contribution.
- Facilitate technical teams during donor reporting process by providing information in coordination with regional office.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University degree in commerce or accounting.
- Advanced degree in Financial/ Management Accounting.
- At least six years of relevant experience in an accounting firm, NGO or corporate, involving programme planning activities/ budget, finance.
- Relevant experience in WHO or another UN agency is an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems is an asset.
- Good knowledge of use of application of computer applications and software such as MS Office.
- Ability to draft complete/near complete reports, correspondence concisely and clearly.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with Government Officials and staff of other UN agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.