Deadline: 8 April 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Budget and Finance Associate will expected to perform a variety of programme budget and work plans related functions, and be fully responsible for correspondence initiated or cleared.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Budget and Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Assist in periodic monitoring & review of budget ceilings & assessment needs of the technical units as per category wise and programme area wise needs and allocations.
- Prepare & consolidate budget analysis after taking into consideration the needs of the technical units.
- Coordinate with RO for revision of budget ceilings as per operational requirements.
- Review and analyze HR plan for identification of HR savings (if any) to be moved to activities or vice-versa.
- Prepare programme changes & affecting the approved programme changes in GSM.
- Assist PTAEO validation and funds management for HR and Activities work plan.
- Facilitate financial analysis, reports and presentations. Generate MIS & provide support to AO for decision making – as and when required.
- Facilitate implementation of recommendation of management reviews and audit observations/queries.
- Facilitate biennial operational planning process including technical and financial monitoring /reporting.
- Support operational GSM work during the biennial planning process; mid-term and end of the biennium review process.
- Costing & budgeting of HR and activities work plan.
- Act as focal point for GSM actions and compliances w.r.t operational planning and end of the year review process in GSM.
- Support the planning team during development /implementation and monitoring of GPW and CCS.
- Facilitate VC funds tracking, monitoring and implementation trend including tracking of donor contribution.
- Facilitate technical teams during donor reporting process by providing information in coordination with regional office.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- University degree in commerce or accounting.
- Advanced degree in Financial/ Management Accounting.
- At least six years of relevant experience in an accounting firm, NGO or corporate, involving programme planning activities/ budget, finance.
- Relevant experience in WHO or another UN agency is an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems is an asset.
- Good knowledge of use of application of computer applications and software such as MS Office.
- Ability to draft complete/near complete reports, correspondence concisely and clearly.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with Government Officials and staff of other UN agencies.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WHO.