Deadline: 17 January 2016
The Chief, Regional Administrative Services will be responsible for all the financial, administrative and budgetary matters of the region in accordance with ILO rules, regulations and instructions.
ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labour rights, pursuing its founding mission that labour peace is essential to prosperity.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Chief, Regional Administrative Services will perform the following functions-
- Assume direct responsibility for budgetary, financial and administrative matters in the Regional Office, and have overall responsibility for these areas in other ILO offices and for technical cooperation projects in the region. Supervise the finance, information technology, and administration and verification units.
- Make recommendations to the Director of the Financial Management Department (Headquarters), in consultation with regional management on the need to develop new financial policies and procedures or adjust existing ones in the light of the region’s requirements.
- Monitor and report on the use of budgetary resources allocated to the region.
- Supervise the issuance and review of obligations (encumbrances) as per the requirements under the Financial Rules and Regulations. Ensure on a regular basis the validity of encumbrances charged against Regular Budget and Extra-Budgetary resources.
- Oversee the operation of all computer-based applications and hardware in the region, as appropriate, including the provision of support and training thereon.
- Supervise the financial aspects of the preparation and revision of technical cooperation budgets for projects in countries covered by the Regional Office.
- Continuously monitor the performance and capabilities of finance and administrative staff in the Regional Office and external offices; plan and organize training as appropriate.
- Undertake missions to ILO offices and large technical cooperation projects to ensure that financial and administrative operations are being performed effectively and efficiently in the region.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in business administration, finance or accounting, or first level university degree supplemented by a professional financial qualification is required.
- Ability to manage interrelationships and interactions within the ILO’s financial structure and to ensure that the Organization’s financial management and business conforms to international norms.
- Professional financial management or accounting experience of 15 years of which five years must have been at the international level.
- Excellent command of English or French and working language of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ILO.