The World Resource Institute (WRI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director, Financial Planning and Analysis, based in Washington DC, USA.
The WRI is an environmental and development research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Director, Financial Planning and Analysis will perform the following functions-
- Prepare WRI’s annual and long-range strategic financial plans and the corresponding budgets in support of Board and key stakeholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings, and various strategic committees of the organization.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CFAO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial trends and status.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Define and report on key organizational performance metrics; determine data clean-up or process enhancements necessary to improve the quality of the metrics for decision making and accomplishment of our organizational goals and strategic plan.
- Facilitate quantitative decisions with clear, visual, easy to interpret analysis for resource allocation, space planning needs across the network, etc.
- Ensure all programs and international office project/program/International office directors and mangers understand how to access and interpret financial reports, WRI’s financial model, etc. and that they have what they need to be successful. Participate as part of the global team to address financial issues.
- Certify that Programs consistently receive a high level and quality of customer service from Admin/Operations staff without compromising internal controls through surveys or other means.
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of the annual and five year Admin/Operations Efficiency and Effectiveness Plan.
- Ensure clear communication to staff on issues that affect them with clear instructions on what’s expected of them, coupled with the rationale for any changes.
- Provide support as necessary during the annual audits and other projects assigned by the Executive Team or Board.
- Develop a robust revenue pipeline tracking approach to allow validation of budgets, hiring forecasts and space needs, identify level of effort for fundraising, cash flow, etc.
- Develop a process to minimize Foreign Exchange risk.
- Implement a robust sub-grant/contracts management and monitoring system.
- Ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Finance and Investment Committee of the board of directors; assist with mission based investing of our endowment.
Applicants must have-
- 12-15 years overall finance and accounting experience with progressive responsibility, especially with exposure to international operations; 7-10 years leading accounting/finance teams.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA Certification Preferred; Top Tier Accounting Firm experience helpful.
- Consulting experience, specifically including successful implementation and oversight of organization-wide process improvement and other initiatives.
- Strong leader, demonstrated ability to develop and keep staff motivated.
- Strong professional communication and writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with senior executives, including members of the board.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience with multiple financial systems helpful; suggested systems might include Hyperion, Oracle, Deltek (Costpoint and/or Contributor), and SAP.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, OMB A-122, OMB A-133, FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) and technical pronouncements.
- Superb cross-cultural interpersonal skills with an impressive history of forging strong relationships with multiple stakeholders, strong listening skills, and an ability to relate well to people at all levels.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit WRI.