The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director of Finance and Compliance, DR Congo.
The IRC aims to save lives, to strengthen Congolese institutions and to reinforce social cohesion through carefully designed and professionally-implemented programs.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
Director of Finance and Compliance will perform the following functions-
- The Director of Finance and Compliance has overall fiscal management responsibility of the IRC DRC Provincial Offices (Kinshasa, Katanga, North & South Kivu). As a member of IRC DRC Senior Management Team, the Director of Finance & Compliance will guide and oversee the work of the finance unit, and will liaise with the Regional Controller, Regional Director and the Directors of Programs and Operations on financial and budgetary matters.
- Based in Kinshasa, the Director of Finance and Compliance will report directly to the DRC Regional Director and will work closely with, Senior Finance controller, Chief Accountant, Provincial Finance Controllers, the Partnership Coordinator, the Grants team , the Directors of Programs & Operations and also the Provincial and Technical Directors.
- Develops, coordinates and implements plans for the control, monitoring and reporting of financial operations to include controllership, treasury, operational budgets and grants.
- Ensures that all financial information is consolidated on time and provided to the Country Director and Regional Director as appropriate for analysis and dissemination.
- Participates in strategic planning meetings, regional meetings, senior management meetings as requested and when available.
- Ensure sub grants and risks are managed in compliance with organization and donor policies.
- Oversees the development and implementation of a plan to minimize the country’s foreign exchange exposure to currency gains and losses.
- Provides guidance to and overall supervision of the IRC DRC Finance team.
- Travels to DRC provincial offices to provide technical assistance and performs oversight visits of field offices.
- Providing technical support to Provincial Controllers including guidance on compliance issues.
- Ensures timely dissemination of new initiatives and policies to the field and monitoring of implementation.
- Assists Director level personnel and HR staff with the recruitment of high quality finance staff by conducting interviews and providing assessment on candidates’ technical abilities.
- Works closely with the other Directors and Provincial Controllers to develop and monitor annual operating budgets and budget updates.
- Oversees the preparation of grant proposal budgets in IRC and donor formats.
- Ensures grant proposal budgets are based upon an overall operating budget and that shared program costs are included to an adequate level.
- Performing final financial review of the proposal document prior to approval and submission to IRC Headquarters, IRC UK office and/or donors.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance – Masters Degree, CPA or CA a plus;
- Minimum five years progressive finance/accounting experience in the non-profit sector, with at least three years of experience working internationally in the same capacity as head of finance for a large country program (with funding portfolio ranging from US$30 million plus).
- Previous work experience with a major general ledger software package – experience with SUN and Vision Accounting Software preferred.
- Proven knowledge of US Government, European and UN donor regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work productively in a team environment & independently and ability to meet unexpected demands and deal effectively with competing priorities and proactively support country Office management.
- Strong Computer skills: facility with MS Word, Excel, various accounting software.
- Able to travel to field offices.
- Demonstrated excellence in human resource management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including techniques for staff development, training, motivation, and discipline.
- Demonstrated excellence in multi-tasking, time management, and flexibility.
- Fluent in English and French languages.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit IRC.