The Counterpart International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director of Finance based in Niamey, Niger.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for all aspects of financial project management as well as coordination of all financial activities in French and English.
The Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community by equipping individuals, organizations and communities to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Director of Finance will perform the following functions-
- Establish financial management systems, procedures and controls and review them on a regular basis to ensure compliance, transparency and effective utilization of resources.
- Manage program budget and oversee all financial disbursements and procurement ensuring compliance with US government regulations and Counterpart policies and procedures.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of the finance team, mentoring and building their capacity.
- Assess capacity building needs and provide training and technical assistance in financial management to local sub-grantees.
- Monitor program burn rate and support the development of pipelines, burn trackers, accruals and spending projections, and other tracking and activities as needed.
- Prepare and ensure timely and accurate submission of all financial reports, records, files and cash requests to Counterpart headquarters.
- Oversee development of key HR policies, personnel manuals, and ensure project adherence to local labor laws.
- Calculate and pay employee salaries and taxes and complete other tax and financial reporting.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in finance, business administration, or related field is required.
- Advanced degree, CPA or the equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with international NGOs required.
- At least four (4) years’ work experience in financial management and accounting with experience and knowledge of international development donor-funded programs.
- Knowledge of Niger finance and accounting systems required.
- Required knowledge of USAID and other USG rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Familiarity with sub-grants management a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and QuickBooks accounting software.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills, ability to work well in a team environment.
- Required written and oral fluency in French and advanced proficiency in English is required. Fluency in local languages preferred.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
For more information, please visit Counterpart International.