Deadline: 4 April 2016
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Admin Assistant in Kahramanmaraş, Turkey. The duration of this post is 9 months.
The Finance and Admin Assistant will provide financial support as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
DRC is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, by fulfilling its mandate of providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Admin Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Daily accounting – bookkeeping – according to DRC Operational Handbook.
- Ensuring that budgets and accounts are in accordance with donors’ requirements in coordination with Senior Finance Officer.
- Maintain proper filing and monthly scanning of financial documents (vouchers, contracts, tender documents and so on).
- Prepare and review of payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and reconcile discrepancies.
- Reviewing order requests according to BFU.
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request, ensuring safe custody of.
- To cash count at least once per week with Senior Finance Officer and at the end of the month with Country Director before closing accounts.
- Support on the monthly financial prevision and assure sufficient funds to be transferred from.
- Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity of invoices.
- Make timely payments of national staff salaries, volunteers incentives and all suppliers/partners’ invoices.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in accounting, business administration, finance or related areas.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Programmes (E.g. Excel).
- Ability to understand, speak and write English and Turkish clearly.
- Working with an INGO.
- Working in an international setting.
- Ability to understand and speak Arabic is an added advantage.
- Nationality of Turkey.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.