Deadline: 4 April 2016
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Admin Assistant in Kahramanmaraş, Turkey. The duration of this post is 9 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Finance and Admin Assistant will provide financial support as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
DRC is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, by fulfilling its mandate of providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Admin Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Daily accounting – bookkeeping – according to DRC Operational Handbook.
- Ensuring that budgets and accounts are in accordance with donors’ requirements in coordination with Senior Finance Officer.
- Maintain proper filing and monthly scanning of financial documents (vouchers, contracts, tender documents and so on).
- Prepare and review of payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and reconcile discrepancies.
- Reviewing order requests according to BFU.
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request, ensuring safe custody of.
- To cash count at least once per week with Senior Finance Officer and at the end of the month with Country Director before closing accounts.
- Support on the monthly financial prevision and assure sufficient funds to be transferred from.
- Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity of invoices.
- Make timely payments of national staff salaries, volunteers incentives and all suppliers/partners’ invoices.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- University degree in accounting, business administration, finance or related areas.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Programmes (E.g. Excel).
- Ability to understand, speak and write English and Turkish clearly.
- Working with an INGO.
- Working in an international setting.
- Ability to understand and speak Arabic is an added advantage.
- Nationality of Turkey.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.