Deadline: 30 March 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administration Clerk in Entebbe, Uganda. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance and Administration Clerk will perform the following functions-
- Assist in routine finance related tasks, including running payment remittances in UNOPS online ERP system, recording entries in general ledger and other account management duties.
- Assist in petty cash administration.
- Assist in maintaining the section’s filing system.
- Assist in administrative arrangements for personnel and visitors.
- Assist in the stocktaking and inventory of office equipment.
- Assist with routine logistical and administrative duties at the duty station.
- Perform any other related duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- High school diploma or equivalent with minimum of three (3) years of experience in administration or finance or any relevant field:
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office is required.
- Knowledge of commercial banking ERP systems is desired.
- Knowledge of public accounting rules is desired.
- Experience of managing petty cash is desired.
- A driver’s License is desired.
- Knowledge of UN/UNOPS policies and procedures is desired.
- Working experience with an internationally recognized organization (UN, International NGOs, and Humanitarian agency) is desired.
- Fluency in English (writing, speaking and reading) is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.