The Johns Hopkins University (Jhpiego) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administration Manager in Uganda.
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for providing financial and Administration management support to Jhpiego Uganda Office.
Jhpiego is dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Manager will perform the following functions-
- Examine financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data before payments are made.
- Monitor disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with donor and donor and Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day cash needs, travel requests, payments, procurement, contracts, grants and processing invoices, operation systems, policies and procedures, consultant, and travel and logistics.
- Review sample of expense reports and other project expenses on a regular basis to ensure adequate support documentation, allow ability, allocability and reasonability.
- Review petty cash register and carry out periodic surprise cash counts.
- Review of QuickBooks monthly financial reports conduct bank reconciliation and perform monthly closing processes and perform monthly closing processes.
- Prepare financial reports to donors like USAID, UNFPA among others as required.
- Assist program managers to develop annual operational budgets and review for accuracy, reasonability, completeness and donor compliance.
- Develop proposal budgets for review by the Country Director in accordance with donor requirements.
- Monitor program expenses by ensuring timely preparation of expenditure reports, accruals and projections and burn rates on a monthly basis.
- Review existing internal control systems to ensure financial integrity at all times; identify weaknesses and recommend corrective actions as per the GAAPs and Jhpiego’s financial Procedures.
- Work closely with senior management of the country office to ensure optimal support and advice on financial and administrative matters as required.
Applicants must have-
- Masters’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Minimum CPA (U) or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (7) years relevant experience in finance or accounting at supervisory/management/management level.
- Minimum of three (4) years practical experience in QuickBooks accounting package.
- Previous supervisory experience in office administration.
- Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Knowledge of USAID and UN and UN regulations is required.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organization required.
- Excellent financial and computer skills – working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting.
- Software, database applications, word processing and Excel.
- Demonstrated budgeting, budget monitoring and financial reporting skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Jhpiego.