The Johns Hopkins University (Jhpiego) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administration Manager in Uganda.
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for providing financial and Administration management support to Jhpiego Uganda Office.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Manager will perform the following functions-
- Examine financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data before payments are made.
- Monitor disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with donor and donor and Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day cash needs, travel requests, payments, procurement, contracts, grants and processing invoices, operation systems, policies and procedures, consultant, and travel and logistics.
- Review sample of expense reports and other project expenses on a regular basis to ensure adequate support documentation, allow ability, allocability and reasonability.
- Review petty cash register and carry out periodic surprise cash counts.
- Review of QuickBooks monthly financial reports conduct bank reconciliation and perform monthly closing processes and perform monthly closing processes.
- Prepare financial reports to donors like USAID, UNFPA among others as required.
- Assist program managers to develop annual operational budgets and review for accuracy, reasonability, completeness and donor compliance.
- Develop proposal budgets for review by the Country Director in accordance with donor requirements.
- Monitor program expenses by ensuring timely preparation of expenditure reports, accruals and projections and burn rates on a monthly basis.
- Review existing internal control systems to ensure financial integrity at all times; identify weaknesses and recommend corrective actions as per the GAAPs and Jhpiego’s financial Procedures.
- Work closely with senior management of the country office to ensure optimal support and advice on financial and administrative matters as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Masters’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Minimum CPA (U) or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (7) years relevant experience in finance or accounting at supervisory/management/management level.
- Minimum of three (4) years practical experience in QuickBooks accounting package.
- Previous supervisory experience in office administration.
- Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Knowledge of USAID and UN and UN regulations is required.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organization required.
- Excellent financial and computer skills – working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting.
- Software, database applications, word processing and Excel.
- Demonstrated budgeting, budget monitoring and financial reporting skills.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Jhpiego.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.