The Johns Hopkins University (Jhpiego) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance and Administration Manager in Uganda.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Finance and Administration Manager will be responsible for providing financial and Administration management support to Jhpiego Uganda Office.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Administration Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Examine financial documents such as payroll, vouchers, invoices, delivery notes, purchase orders and other documents to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and validity of financial data before payments are made.
- Monitor disbursement of funds from the project bank account(s) to ensure compliance with donor and donor and Jhpiego’s financial policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day cash needs, travel requests, payments, procurement, contracts, grants and processing invoices, operation systems, policies and procedures, consultant, and travel and logistics.
- Review sample of expense reports and other project expenses on a regular basis to ensure adequate support documentation, allow ability, allocability and reasonability.
- Review petty cash register and carry out periodic surprise cash counts.
- Review of QuickBooks monthly financial reports conduct bank reconciliation and perform monthly closing processes and perform monthly closing processes.
- Prepare financial reports to donors like USAID, UNFPA among others as required.
- Assist program managers to develop annual operational budgets and review for accuracy, reasonability, completeness and donor compliance.
- Develop proposal budgets for review by the Country Director in accordance with donor requirements.
- Monitor program expenses by ensuring timely preparation of expenditure reports, accruals and projections and burn rates on a monthly basis.
- Review existing internal control systems to ensure financial integrity at all times; identify weaknesses and recommend corrective actions as per the GAAPs and Jhpiego’s financial Procedures.
- Work closely with senior management of the country office to ensure optimal support and advice on financial and administrative matters as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Masters’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Minimum CPA (U) or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (7) years relevant experience in finance or accounting at supervisory/management/management level.
- Minimum of three (4) years practical experience in QuickBooks accounting package.
- Previous supervisory experience in office administration.
- Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Knowledge of USAID and UN and UN regulations is required.
- Previous experience with nonprofit organization required.
- Excellent financial and computer skills – working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting.
- Software, database applications, word processing and Excel.
- Demonstrated budgeting, budget monitoring and financial reporting skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Jhpiego.