Deadline: 30 March 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance Associate will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Ensure efficient budgetary and monitoring control, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Extraction of required financial information from UNOPS project agreements and set up of necessary accounts in line with existing UNOPS financial policies and procedures.
- Information-gathering for budget preparation.
- Preparation and processing of project budget revisions.
- Maintenance of budget databases by verifying and entering approved budgets.
- Review and adjustment of project expenditures/obligations against approved budgets.
- Budgets in conformity with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations & procedures of the funding source.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- BA degree or certification in finance-related subjects or business administration is an advantage.
- 6 years of progressively responsible finance experience is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.