Deadline: 22 April 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Finance and Budget Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager of the Africa Hall project and overall supervision of Chief Finance Section in DoA.
ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Budget Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Undertake reviews, analyses and preparation of the Africa Hall and other construction projects medium-term plan and its revisions.
- Review, analyses and assists in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements, including programmatic aspects; ensures compliance with the medium-term plan and other legislative mandates.
- Assist managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Undertake research and provides support to higher level Finance & Budget Officers within ECA with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Provide input into the preparation of allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Monitor budget implementation/expenditures and recommends reallocation of funds as necessary.
- Review requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
- Monitor extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of Africa Hall budget performance submissions.
- Assist in finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures of the Africa Hall project.
- Monitor integrity of various financial databases.
- Assist in settling expenses to the final asset on a regular basis.
- Assist in the year end closure of accounts.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Passed the United Nations Global General Service Test (GGST) administered by the Headquarters.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is highly desirable.
- Certification in Public Accounting or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants is also desirable.
- A minimum of ten years progressive work experience in finance, budget and accounting, is required.
- Experience in using ERP systems as well as Excel is required.
- Knowledge of IPSAS or equivalent international accounting standards is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ECA.