Deadline: 22 April 2016
The Finance and Budget Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager of the Africa Hall project and overall supervision of Chief Finance Section in DoA.
ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance and Budget Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Undertake reviews, analyses and preparation of the Africa Hall and other construction projects medium-term plan and its revisions.
- Review, analyses and assists in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements, including programmatic aspects; ensures compliance with the medium-term plan and other legislative mandates.
- Assist managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Undertake research and provides support to higher level Finance & Budget Officers within ECA with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies.
- Provide input into the preparation of allotments, including redeployment of funds when necessary, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Monitor budget implementation/expenditures and recommends reallocation of funds as necessary.
- Review requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
- Monitor extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of Africa Hall budget performance submissions.
- Assist in finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures of the Africa Hall project.
- Monitor integrity of various financial databases.
- Assist in settling expenses to the final asset on a regular basis.
- Assist in the year end closure of accounts.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Passed the United Nations Global General Service Test (GGST) administered by the Headquarters.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance is highly desirable.
- Certification in Public Accounting or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants is also desirable.
- A minimum of ten years progressive work experience in finance, budget and accounting, is required.
- Experience in using ERP systems as well as Excel is required.
- Knowledge of IPSAS or equivalent international accounting standards is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ECA.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.