Deadline: 19 April 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Budapest, Hungary. The duration of this post is 2 years.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead and/or participates on teams, participates and provides financial expertise on Organization-wide committees or working groups, and/or supervises staff.
- Supervise, oversees and/or contributes to the delivery of financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, and/or investment activities/services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework.
- Develop and updates the supporting operational, policy, accounting, control and/or risk management frameworks, involving the implementation of the latest approaches and methodologies, streamlined business processes, new/revised financial policies, and related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures.
- Analyze financial information for inclusion in statutory reports, management reports, financial statements, and/or reports to donors as well as other specific reports for Governing Bodies, donors and other partners.
- Respond to requests for assistance and provides financial and regulatory advice and assistance to managers at HQ and the Decentralized Offices etc.
- Develop effective working relationships and resolves problems with banks, other financial institutions, donors, partners, and UN financial executives as well as provides information/clarification to auditors.
- Promote best practices and capacity development at HQ and the Decentralized Offices, leads and/or participates in training and the development of related training materials.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
- A first level university degree plus a recognized accounting qualification (CA/CPA) may also be considered if possessing two additional years of relevant work experience.
- Seven years of relevant experience in finance, accounting and/or business analysis.
- Extent and relevance of experience in finance, business analysis, banking and/or accounting as well as payment processing and supplier banking records master file maintenance.
- Extent and relevance of experience in QA/Supplier Records Maintenance Management functions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in analyzing financial reports within the corporate ERP systems (i.e. Oracle).
- Extent and relevance of experience in a shared services or business support centre is highly desirable.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit FAO.