Deadline: 19 April 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Budapest, Hungary. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead and/or participates on teams, participates and provides financial expertise on Organization-wide committees or working groups, and/or supervises staff.
- Supervise, oversees and/or contributes to the delivery of financial reporting, general accounting, project accounting, and/or investment activities/services in accordance with FAO policies and regulatory framework.
- Develop and updates the supporting operational, policy, accounting, control and/or risk management frameworks, involving the implementation of the latest approaches and methodologies, streamlined business processes, new/revised financial policies, and related tools, systems, technologies and related procedures.
- Analyze financial information for inclusion in statutory reports, management reports, financial statements, and/or reports to donors as well as other specific reports for Governing Bodies, donors and other partners.
- Respond to requests for assistance and provides financial and regulatory advice and assistance to managers at HQ and the Decentralized Offices etc.
- Develop effective working relationships and resolves problems with banks, other financial institutions, donors, partners, and UN financial executives as well as provides information/clarification to auditors.
- Promote best practices and capacity development at HQ and the Decentralized Offices, leads and/or participates in training and the development of related training materials.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
- A first level university degree plus a recognized accounting qualification (CA/CPA) may also be considered if possessing two additional years of relevant work experience.
- Seven years of relevant experience in finance, accounting and/or business analysis.
- Extent and relevance of experience in finance, business analysis, banking and/or accounting as well as payment processing and supplier banking records master file maintenance.
- Extent and relevance of experience in QA/Supplier Records Maintenance Management functions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in analyzing financial reports within the corporate ERP systems (i.e. Oracle).
- Extent and relevance of experience in a shared services or business support centre is highly desirable.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.