Deadline: 31 March 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Guidance to and supervision of staff as required.
- Provide day-to-day financial management advice and support to MMOH, GFATM-PR and other projects.
- Develop and implement effective standard operating procedures and internal control systems.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation of MMOH, GFATM-PR and other projects, including monitoring of budgets.
- Support financial oversight mechanisms and internal control systems.
- Ensure full compliance of financial activities and financial reporting with UNOPS financial regulations and rules.
- Ensures proper financial closure of completed projects.
- Monitor the cash ledger and budget all projects for PR-GFATM and remedial action
- Provide responses to internal and external audit queries and observations.
- Provide responses to GF and Local Fund Agent (LFA) related to financial report.
- Support the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Support the preparation and monitoring of the annual regional administrative budget.
- Assist in the preparation of annual work-plan for the Reporting Unit and monitor performance and achievement against the plans.
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- A Master’s degree in accounting, financial management, treasury management or other fields relevant to the above duties with 2 years of relevant professional experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of similar experience is considered as equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent professional qualifications would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of international and/or UN/UNOPS financial regulations and rules and accounting practices is highly preferred.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in a finance/admin functions in the field at an appropriate level, with sound understanding of working with an international organization.
- Good knowledge of international and/or UN/UNOPS financial regulations and rules and accounting practices is highly preferable.
- Previous successful involvement in a similar position with the UN system would be an asset.
- Previous working experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (Aggressor) would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and Myanmar languages required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Myanmar language and English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.