Deadline: 17 April 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Finance & Operations Director will be responsible for overall management of the project and technical support to the different activities under this project.
World Education improves the quality of life through education for half a million children and adults in 22 countries.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance & Operations Director will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Oversee implementation of finance and administration policies and procedures of the program.
- Support and supervise staff to carry out day-to-day finance and administration functions as designated in their job descriptions.
- Responsible for ensuring the complete documentation, stewardship and accountability of financial transactions.
- Coordinate with the COP to ensure that strategic and periodic budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted in time.
- Ensure that periodical financial reports are available for review by the COP and the DCOP.
- Work with other project staff and partner staff to ensure a robust budgeting and financial management and tracking system that adequately recognizes and effectively accounts for project funds.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information is presented to management and project staff for decision making.
- Assessment of the financial capacities of potential grantees and provision of technical assistance to the grantees as needed
- Ensure the management and compliance of the cooperative agreement in line with financial requirements for USAID, World Education, Inc. (WEI) and laws of the Egyptian government.
- Oversee the granting process including the sub grant management and monitoring mechanism.
- Implement human resource policies and procedures for WEI financial management.
- Provide training and/or guidance to staff on financial controls and operational systems.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- A Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business management, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the management of programs of the same complexity and size.
- At least 2 years, administering sub grants comparable to those under this award.
- Demonstrate leadership skills with experience in senior financial management position preferably with an International NGO.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations.
- Conversant with some basic accounting packages.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their resumes and cover letters through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WE.