Deadline: 21 April 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Grants Accounting Manager will directly supervise and lead a team of grant accountants to provide post-award finance, accounting and compliance support to science and program staff responsible for implementing donor funded projects.
WorldFish’s mission is to reduce poverty and hunger by improving fisheries and aquaculture.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Grants Accounting Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Supervise, manage and lead the team of Grant Accountants in post-award accounting and finance support for all grants. This includes establishing project files (OCS and/or hard copy) , budgeting, participating/leading kick-off meetings with staff and partners, accounting (including accrual and advance management), reporting, ongoing monitoring and ultimate project closure in compliance with WorldFish policies and donor requirements.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external auditors to meet project audit requirements.
- Ensure donor reporting practices and processes are developed and followed with a view to ensuring full compliance with donor contracts and accurate, reliable, timely donor reporting that is fully reconciled to the general ledger.
- Ensure master project records, files and data is accurately maintained in the in-house system and effectively archived.
- Develop portfolio-wide reporting practices to ensure continuous monitoring of project spending to project leaders and Center management to support.
- Liaise with regional offices to ensure project accounts are correctly maintained and accounting procedures and treatments are in compliance with established guidelines and policies (Donor and Center).
- Develop and implement standard procedures for Grant Accountants to follow on a monthly basis to ensure that budget adjustments, project coding, forex implications, and other donor requirements are all dealt with in a timely and consistent manner.
- Perform capacity building missions to regional offices to ensure staff is well informed on donor regulations, required accounting and coding practices.
- Approve new donor budgets and expense coding structure for new grants awarded.
- Review of past risk assessments, identify current and emerging key risks in operation and management areas, and provide evaluation and mitigation plans / recommendations to the management.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a membership in an internationally recognized accounting institute (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong technical financial accounting and reporting experience, with at least 2 years working for accounting / auditing firm, and at least 3 years in supervisory role managing 3 finance staff or more.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in complex accounting systems and intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills.
- Experience in preparing donor reports in not-for-profit setting.
- Experience with Agresso or other ERP system is desirable.
- Proficiency in English language both in writing and oral.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WorldFish.