Deadline: 21 April 2016
The Grants Accounting Manager will directly supervise and lead a team of grant accountants to provide post-award finance, accounting and compliance support to science and program staff responsible for implementing donor funded projects.
WorldFish’s mission is to reduce poverty and hunger by improving fisheries and aquaculture.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Grants Accounting Manager will perform the following functions-
- Supervise, manage and lead the team of Grant Accountants in post-award accounting and finance support for all grants. This includes establishing project files (OCS and/or hard copy) , budgeting, participating/leading kick-off meetings with staff and partners, accounting (including accrual and advance management), reporting, ongoing monitoring and ultimate project closure in compliance with WorldFish policies and donor requirements.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal and external auditors to meet project audit requirements.
- Ensure donor reporting practices and processes are developed and followed with a view to ensuring full compliance with donor contracts and accurate, reliable, timely donor reporting that is fully reconciled to the general ledger.
- Ensure master project records, files and data is accurately maintained in the in-house system and effectively archived.
- Develop portfolio-wide reporting practices to ensure continuous monitoring of project spending to project leaders and Center management to support.
- Liaise with regional offices to ensure project accounts are correctly maintained and accounting procedures and treatments are in compliance with established guidelines and policies (Donor and Center).
- Develop and implement standard procedures for Grant Accountants to follow on a monthly basis to ensure that budget adjustments, project coding, forex implications, and other donor requirements are all dealt with in a timely and consistent manner.
- Perform capacity building missions to regional offices to ensure staff is well informed on donor regulations, required accounting and coding practices.
- Approve new donor budgets and expense coding structure for new grants awarded.
- Review of past risk assessments, identify current and emerging key risks in operation and management areas, and provide evaluation and mitigation plans / recommendations to the management.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with a membership in an internationally recognized accounting institute (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Strong technical financial accounting and reporting experience, with at least 2 years working for accounting / auditing firm, and at least 3 years in supervisory role managing 3 finance staff or more.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Proficiency in complex accounting systems and intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills.
- Experience in preparing donor reports in not-for-profit setting.
- Experience with Agresso or other ERP system is desirable.
- Proficiency in English language both in writing and oral.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WorldFish.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.