Deadline: 8 May 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Senior Finance and Budget Officer will have the overall supervision of the Director for Operations and immediate supervision of the Chief, Resources Management.
UNEP’s mission is to provide leadership and encourage partnership in caring for the environment by inspiring, informing, and enabling nations and peoples to improve their quality of life without compromising that of future generations.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance and Budget Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Budgetary management: Carry out strategic financial planning and management of UNEP financial resources in accordance with UNEP and UN financial rules.
- Coordinate submission of biennial Programme of Work (PoW) budget and Regular Budget to the UNEP Governing Council and General Assembly.
- Ensure legislative mandates are accurately translated into programme budgets; plans and co-ordinates review of budget submissions.
- Review, analyses and finalizes cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements from; ensures compliance with the medium-term plan and other legislative mandates.
- Manage/issue allotments, authorizes sub-allotments and redeployment of funds, ensuring appropriate expenditures.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that they remain within authorized levels.
- Administers and monitors extra-budgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plan, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
- Oversee the review and finalization of budget performance reports; monitors variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Prepare/finalize reports for intergovernmental bodies and for management on budgetary issues, and correspondence, guidelines and instructions.
- Act as Certifying Officer under Financial Rules to ensure that proposed obligations and expenditures are in accordance with budgets and established regulations and rules.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), CIMA or equivalent is highly desirable.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in finance, administration, budget, business administration or related area is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNEP.