Deadline: 5 April 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance Officer in Amman, Jordan.
The Senior Finance Officer will provide technical backstopping to program teams, promoting adherence to World Vision’s Field Finance Manual for a host of routine financial transactions.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the performance management is practiced within the unit to enhance performance smooth staff relation and accountability.
- Ensure that all financial transactions have relevant backup documentation, corresponding to WVI and donor regulations.
- Deal with project specific Cash and Bank Books.
- Provide technical back-stopping to implementing partners, providing on-the-job mentoring of World Vision finance requirements.
- Train the project(s) local partner organizations in financial reporting according to WVG and donors, guidelines and requirements.
- Make sure that all BS and IS accounts relating to the project are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with Project Manager/Response Manager on donor compliance issues and procedures, advice on possible disallowed costs, budget amendment(s).
- Advise and make relevant projections of the expenditures taking into the consideration the burn-rate and exchange rate issues.
- Assist Finance Manager in designing, implementing and maintaining systems of internal controls in order to provide appropriate levels of security over the organizations. Resources and operation.
- Prepare/review coding on financial vouchers for valid account/cost center and donor combinations, review source documents and enter financial data into Subsystems as required. Actively follow-up on any issues identified in the FFR reviews.
- Monitoring local bank account balances.
- Coordinate the implementation of LDR with field teams, providing technical back-stopping and tracking submissions, following up with staff to ensure timely monthly implementation.
- Work closely with external and internal auditors on interim and final audits (provide required documentation, coordinate explanations as required, etc.), – prepare interim ’desk audits’ of Local Partner in-countries.
Applicants must have-
- Degree or equivalent in accounting and finance or any relevant field.
- Experience with international NGOs or other similar organizations is desirable.
- Practical knowledge of financial basics.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles is required.
- Effective in written and oral communication in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic is considered to be a plus.
- Requires good computer skills (Excel, World, Spreadsheets).
- Self-motivated, innovation, able to work under pressure.
- Basic understanding of business principles.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.