Deadline: 5 April 2016
World Vision International (WVI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Finance Officer in Amman, Jordan.
The Senior Finance Officer will provide technical backstopping to program teams, promoting adherence to World Vision’s Field Finance Manual for a host of routine financial transactions.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Finance Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure the performance management is practiced within the unit to enhance performance smooth staff relation and accountability.
- Ensure that all financial transactions have relevant backup documentation, corresponding to WVI and donor regulations.
- Deal with project specific Cash and Bank Books.
- Provide technical back-stopping to implementing partners, providing on-the-job mentoring of World Vision finance requirements.
- Train the project(s) local partner organizations in financial reporting according to WVG and donors, guidelines and requirements.
- Make sure that all BS and IS accounts relating to the project are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with Project Manager/Response Manager on donor compliance issues and procedures, advice on possible disallowed costs, budget amendment(s).
- Advise and make relevant projections of the expenditures taking into the consideration the burn-rate and exchange rate issues.
- Assist Finance Manager in designing, implementing and maintaining systems of internal controls in order to provide appropriate levels of security over the organizations. Resources and operation.
- Prepare/review coding on financial vouchers for valid account/cost center and donor combinations, review source documents and enter financial data into Subsystems as required. Actively follow-up on any issues identified in the FFR reviews.
- Monitoring local bank account balances.
- Coordinate the implementation of LDR with field teams, providing technical back-stopping and tracking submissions, following up with staff to ensure timely monthly implementation.
- Work closely with external and internal auditors on interim and final audits (provide required documentation, coordinate explanations as required, etc.), – prepare interim ’desk audits’ of Local Partner in-countries.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Degree or equivalent in accounting and finance or any relevant field.
- Experience with international NGOs or other similar organizations is desirable.
- Practical knowledge of financial basics.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles is required.
- Effective in written and oral communication in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic is considered to be a plus.
- Requires good computer skills (Excel, World, Spreadsheets).
- Self-motivated, innovation, able to work under pressure.
- Basic understanding of business principles.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WVI.