Deadline: 15 April 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate various actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures. Liaise with central administration/executive services as required.
- Oversee the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements.
- Advise staff on visa matters.
- Provide advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
- Provide information and advice to staff/consultants with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Acts as a focal point for Umoja Related activities of the Division.
- Monitor IMIS staffing tables for a variety of human resource activities, e.g., appointments, retirement, expiration of appointments, reassignments, transfer and movement of staff.
- Provide guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the area of responsibility.
- Provide assistance in drafting of host country agreements, budget agreements, or contributions for grants or other activities as appropriate.
- Identify and resolves diverse issues/problems as they arise, and determines appropriate actions.
- Coordinate extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
- Perform other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, organize and coordinate seminars, conferences and translations).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) for internal applicants and/or the Global General Service Test (GGST) administered by Headquarters.
- Degree in Management, Business Administration or related field is highly desirable.
- 10 years of experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ECA.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.