Deadline: 8 April 2016
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Brussels, Belgium. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Administrative Assistant will coordinate and perform the full range of office support, management support and administrative tasks, providing for the smooth and efficient running of the Office.
FAO promotes good practice in addressing governance challenges across its Strategic Objectives by strengthening its contribution to global governance, identifying mission-critical governance issues at national, regional and multilateral levels.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems for the office; maintain impress accounts; reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports; manage the Office petty cash; monitor project and programme accounts for which responsibility is assigned.
- Retrieve, enter, select and analyze data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems and data bases; verify accuracy of data documents; make necessary calculations.
- Verify availability of funds under all programmes; ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent.
- Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances; participate in the consolidation of budget proposals; prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
- Provide reports on budgetary performance of office accounts, and, if required, of project accounts, report variations from
- Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard.
- Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents.
- Monitor the receipt of contributions and the transfer of ownership of the Organization’s equip
- Support the administration of personnel and equipment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Secondary school education.
- Four years of administrative, accounting and office management experience.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
- Very good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
- Very good knowledge of ERP corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies.
- Very good knowledge of FAO’s organizational s
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and French
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit FAO.