Deadline: 15 December 2015
The Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party, based in Kigali, Rwanda.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff.
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The COP will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Report to the Director of Program Operations within International Operations, who works out of Global Communities Headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA.
- Will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to USAID.
- Manage a team of senior staff and sub-partners and ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the project.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- A Master’s degree or higher training in management, international development, international public health, economics, social sciences, or in a closely related field is required.
- Five years of experience as a Chief of Party/Director and/or Deputy Chief of Party or Deputy Director of a development program of equivalent size and scope, of which experience in East Africa Region is preferred.
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders, including government officials at the national, provincial and district levels, service orientated NGOs, civil society organizations, donors, etc.
- Experience in organizational strengthening and capacity building for civil society organizations, and experience with organizational development and management is preferred.
- Experience with child welfare and protection programs, systems strengthening, capacity building, service delivery, quality improvement or policy development is desirable.
- Experience interacting with developing country government, international organization, other bilateral donor and civil society representatives and senior level government officials.
- Five years of relevant and diverse experience managing and coordinating complex development programs, preferably in Rwanda.
- Experience managing a USG cooperative agreement or contract, at least five years of which shall have been in senior program management including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with civil society organizations and host country government counterparts.
- Experience leading a program targeting orphans and vulnerable children and PLHIV, preferably an HIV/AIDS related program, is desirable.
- French language skills are a plus.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Global Communities.