Deadline: 4 April 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Kampala, Uganda.
The Country Director will lead, manage and provide strategic direction to the Country Office and responsible for all WFP operations in the country.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Demonstrate ownership, promote and deploy WFP corporate initiatives and strategies.
- Formulate and implement country strategies, policies and plans aligned with the national development objectives and strategies as well as corporate WFP and wider UN strategies, policies and processes.
- Guide and ensure continuous support to field operations to build on the agreed role and comparative advantages of WFP.
- Develop and maintain appropriate contingency plans and activities to ensure readiness and ability to take timely and appropriate actions during an emergency.
- Ensure emergency food assistance needs are met, including acting in an assigned emergency management capacity as required.
- Formulate, manage and implement change processes to maximize performance, enable innovations and achieve cost-effective and efficient delivery of activities; ensure that country teams remain engaged and motivated during the change processes.
- Hold accountability for standards, guidance and processes within the Country Office that enable the implementation of best practice and high performance and at the same time ensuring optimal use of resources.
- Hold accountability for transparent and efficient people management, and ensure the best use of financial resources for achievement of set objectives.
- Provide effective leadership to the Country Office to ensure the continued development and coaching of a cohesive and high performing team.
- Take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Economics, International development, Social sciences or other relevant area, or First University degree with additional relevant experience and/or advanced training/courses.
- At least 13 years of senior level experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian assistance and development.
- Extensive experience leading multicultural teams and improving performance.
- Operational and field experience in contexts similar to those in which WFP works.
- Fluency in oral and written English with a working knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.