The International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party / Senior Media Advisor, based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide vision and strategic direction for the media components of the program.
- Improve coalition-building between the media and CSOs.
- Strengthen organizational capacity of media organizations.
- Improved capacity of local media to monitor and report on cross-sectoral public service delivery.
- Strengthen citizen engagement in media and information and communications technology tools to strengthen public participation and oversight.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with national and regional media as well as civil society organizations and other stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and manage activities to support and strengthen the media sector.
- Provide training seminars, workshops and consultancies for professional and citizen journalists.
Applicants must have-
- At least 7-10 years of relevant professional experience in media sector strengthening.
- Experience working in Nepal or the South Asia region is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Nepali media, civil society and political environment and stakeholders preferred.
- Technical expertise in multiple areas of media development such as skills building for media professionals, media regulatory reform, media management, etc.
- Demonstrated success in project management and experience with donor-funded projects, USAID preferred.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their resume and a cover letter through online process.
For more information, please visit IREX.