The International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Chief of Party / Senior Media Advisor, based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Deputy Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide vision and strategic direction for the media components of the program.
- Improve coalition-building between the media and CSOs.
- Strengthen organizational capacity of media organizations.
- Improved capacity of local media to monitor and report on cross-sectoral public service delivery.
- Strengthen citizen engagement in media and information and communications technology tools to strengthen public participation and oversight.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with national and regional media as well as civil society organizations and other stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and manage activities to support and strengthen the media sector.
- Provide training seminars, workshops and consultancies for professional and citizen journalists.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- At least 7-10 years of relevant professional experience in media sector strengthening.
- Experience working in Nepal or the South Asia region is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Nepali media, civil society and political environment and stakeholders preferred.
- Technical expertise in multiple areas of media development such as skills building for media professionals, media regulatory reform, media management, etc.
- Demonstrated success in project management and experience with donor-funded projects, USAID preferred.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their resume and a cover letter through online process.
For more information, please visit IREX.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.