Deadline: 27 March 2016
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Program Manager in Ma’an, Karak, and Tafileh, Jordan. The duration of this post is 3 months.
The Deputy Program Manager will be responsible to assist in the overall supervision and support to its projects implemented in the South of Jordan.
DRC is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world, by fulfilling its mandate of providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Program Manager will perform the following functions-
- Manage and plan the work and tasks of the Implementation and the Outreach Units in DRC Karak and Ma’an Community centres, by:
- Mapping operational agencies in the areas of interventions and coordination.
- Strengthening existing referral mechanisms and set up specific referral pathways for specific cases (e.g. legal issues), in coordination with Country office Follow project action plans and review it with their line manager periodically based on the feedback from the monitoring of the project. This also includes identification of support requirement from other sectors within the organization.
- Supporting the outreach Unit in the assessments of the most vulnerable refugee and Jordanian households through home-visits and at DRC Karak and Ma’an Community centres.
- Supporting the UNHCR VAF-led assessment tools through android-based questionnaires.
- Coordinate closely and support the Program Manager South by:
- Participating in the elaboration of common tools and guidelines.
- Working with DRC management and technical advisors to ensure quality project implementation.
- Providing Program Manager with reviews and reports as required (Activities FU, etc).
- Alerting Program Manager South of any relevant issues related to project implementation or the respect by the field team of DRC policies.
- Supporting in drafting donors reports.
- Ensuring a smooth coordination mechanism between the South project components and other projects implemented by DRC within the country when relevant (e.g. Psychosocial support activities).
Applicants must have-
- University degree in law, political science or any other relevant education or training in project management, vulnerability assessment or case management.
- Previous experience in Humanitarian Field and project management and familiar with international protection policies.
- Good command of English, oral and written.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good representation and organizational skills.
- Good analysis and synthesis abilities.
- Good diplomatic skills in her/his relation with local authorities, partners and IGOs on the field.
- General ability to work under pressure and stressful situation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Knowledge of donor guidelines and procedures regarding reporting requirement.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Nationality of Jordan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.